A panel of expert speakers convened on Wednesday July 8 at 4.30pm HK/Singapore time | 9:30 am GMT to analyse the main drivers of ESG integration in the Asia Pacific region, and look at potential barriers to development.
Speakers discussed the current market environment and how this is affecting activity in the structured product space. They also focused on the various options used to manage structured products in investor portfolios, how the buy- and sell-sides can maintain business as usual, and how to create new products to capitalise on shifting market conditions.
• How can financial service providers best support the growth of sustainable investing? What is the goal of investors who are involved in sustainable investing?
• How can we make ESG products more efficient? What are the best structures and payoffs for issuers, distributors and investors?
• How can we ensure investors’ good will is fulfilled when investing in ESG projects? What needs to be done to increase awareness of ESG investment options?
Investing in FIAs allows investors to capitalise on rising interest rates and to secure principal protection in the face of continued market volatility. Our panellists, spanning the entire product lifecycle, delved into the following issues:
- multi-asset class strategies that include a range of investment instruments to safeguard investors’ capital from the low interest rate environment and offer fixed gains;
- best practices to ensure clients understand the diversity of products available and the costs and risks involved with each; and
- how platform providers are gearing up to target the FIA space by bridging the gap between product manufacturers and distributors.
Key topics discussed included: