Empowering Women in Structured Products: Breakfast and Talks
What are some of the current challenges/obstacles women face working in the financial sector?
Tips and advice from female senior executives on issues including mentoring, career/professional development and overcoming workplace challenges.
Global Market Overview & US Performance Report
What are some of the key current drivers of the structured products market?
Bouncing back from the autocallable saga of 2018
Which categories of products and types of payoff/index/underlying/level of capital protection etc. are popular now, and why?
Where is the growth coming from? Which markets are slowing down?
Market leaders in the spotlight: what’s next for structured products?
Five key industry figures in the structured products space will discuss feedback from the buy-side, collected during the SRP Americas 2019 survey, and deliver their viewpoint on how the industry should face its challenges/evolve/grow going forward.
Educating the market: the view from Europe
A discussion with a key European market player on: • How they view their mission of educating the market about structured products; • Fostering cooperation and communication between the market and regulators; • Key educational initiatives in place in their jurisdiction and impact these have had/are expected to have.
The rise of the platform in US distribution
A number of leading US platforms take a look at some of the key trends affecting the sector, and what ‘Platform 2.0’ could look like.
Topics to be discussed include:
- distribution/cost efficiencies;
- the role of technology in the sector’s development/ where the innovation is coming from;
- comparative experiences from Europe & Asia.
Lunch and Networking
Back to the future: where is the indexing market heading?
• Do quant models still have a role to play? • Proprietary indices: private products in the public eye: what are the key challenges and issues? • Transparency on methodology and risk analytics: how to address these two challenges?
TED-style talks: four speakers present their thoughts on product ideas and themes affecting the structured products industry and investment markets more generally. Event delegates vote to decide which idea/theme is the most innovative.
Innovation in wrappers: same payoff, new package
ETFs and UITs have evolved to include barriers and other forms of principal protection - in essence structured product payoffs but with a better wrapper.
• How do these structures work? • How do they compare with traditional offerings? • What do these types of innovation mean for the market going forward?
Opportunities outside of the US
Presenters from non-US markets (for ex, Brasil, Peru and/or Canada) discuss:
• How these markets approach structured products in terms of market treatment and regulation; • Key trends and major market players; • What the US can learn from them.
Awards Dinner & Ceremony
Join us for the highly anticipated Awards Ceremony. SRP’s Americas Structured Products & Derivatives Awards are designed to recognise the best buy and sell-side companies as well as the best service providers and distributors. Being the award that matters to the industry, it is a must attend event.
Please note this is a separately bookable event. To join the Awards Dinner and Ceremony, please contact Joe Burris at Joe@structuredretailproducts.com